Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Book Review: Big Rock by Lauren Blakely


It's not just the motion of the ocean, ladies. It's definitely the SIZE of the boat too.

And I've got both firing on all cylinders. In fact, I have ALL the right assets. Looks, brains, my own money, and a big c*&k.

You might think I'm an a*&hole. I sound like one, don’t I? I'm hot as sin, rich as heaven, smart as hell and hung like a horse.

Guess what? You haven't heard my story before. Sure, I might be a playboy, like the NY gossip rags call me. But I’m the playboy who’s actually a great guy. Which makes me one of a kind.

The only trouble is, my dad needs me to cool it for a bit. With conservative investors in town wanting to buy his flagship Fifth Avenue jewelry store, he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancĂ©e for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock.

And pretty soon all this playing pretend in public leads to no pretending whatsoever in the bedroom, because she just can’t fake the kind of toe-curling, window-shattering orgasmic cries she makes as I take her to new heights between the sheets.

But I can’t seem to fake that I might be feeling something real for her.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into with this…big rock?



 


This book had been all over my news feed on Goodreads and let's be honest ... the cover caught my attention. Guys aren't the only ones that appreciate a pretty hot body. Dude. He's hot. Whew. Anyway, so of course, I needed to jump on this bandwagon and see what everyone was talking about. 

It was better than I ever could have imagined. The main character, Spencer, is cocky and conceited and so damn crass. I ... LOVED IT. I found his inappropriateness to be hilarious and honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if most guys felt the way that Spencer does. 

There are a lot of readers that were completely turned off by how this main character behaved. Some called him a douchebag (which he is), some said he was fake (I didn't get that one at all), some said the book was horrible and had no plot (these people are obviously dead inside). Here's the deal ... they're all right. How people feel about a book can be totally different from one person to the next. And that's okay. If you are easily offended, this is not the book for you. This dude talks about his junk like it should be knighted and maybe have a monument dedicated to it. If you don't mind the occasional f-bomb and a guy waxing poetic about his manly playground, then you should give this book a shot. 

I was really surprised by the humor! I was rolling as I read this book. Not literally but it could have happened because I read this in one sitting without getting up and my legs kept falling asleep. I just loved everything about how Spencer behaved and how Charlotte reacted to him. Charlotte was absolutely awesome. I loved her. The chemistry between these two was exciting to experience and I really wish that this was part of a series about them because I couldn't get enough of their back and forth. Plus ... Spencer. Le sigh. You know how things are so ugly that they begin to look cute? Spencer was such a cocky bastard that he started to look like a sweet guy with a  potty mouth that was misunderstood. 

Basically, the story kept me entertained. I loved every single word of this book and I can't wait to see what else Lauren Blakely has up her sleeve. I hope it's another book written from a male POV because she is a total badass at it. Love!! It will be a long time before I forget about it so I can read it again. 



Available Now



No comments:

Post a Comment