Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review: Breaking Noah by Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne

What happens when you start falling for your worst enemy? Fans of Abbi Glines and Monica Murphy will relish this addictive novel of smoking-hot seduction—and revenge gone so wrong, it’s right.

I wasn’t always this jaded. I had a clear head, things I wanted out of life, and a concise plan on how to get there. For being only twenty-one, I pretty much had it all figured out. Until the day my cousin died.

I spent months going over all the details surrounding her death, trying to figure out how I missed the signs, and the only thing I could come up with was she would still be alive if it wasn’t for one person: her professor. So I transferred to his college, enrolled in his class, and set my new plan in motion.

First I’ll seduce him. Then I’ll ruin him. I’ve just got to stay strong and not let his charm and my emotions get the best of me. Because someone has to pay for her death. If it’s the last thing I do, I’m going to break Noah.







First of all, it needs to be said that I am most certainly not a fan of books written by two people. Weird, I know. But I do have reasons. What if the authors are great together but their books are crap when they write alone and then they never write another book together after I've fallen in love with their combined writing style?!? Or what if the authors are horrible together and then I never give either of them another shot because that one co-written book is just the worst thing ever and I miss out on their solo books and they are awesome?!? OR ... well, I don't have another or right now but I might come up with one later. Probably not though. But those are my reasons. Well, it's really just one reason and just said differently another way. Fine. That's my one reason why I don't like co-authors. 

Whew. With that out of the way I can safely tell you that this was one amazing book. I didn't mind the co-authoring this time! Total success! I really, really, REALLY enjoyed it. The whole seducing a teacher thing isn't new by any means but I've never read a book that revolved around that and certainly not a book that had a vendetta as the reason why there was some seducing going on. I will say this, a big thank you to the authors for not making Zara (the main character) wear one of those cliche plaid skirt and knee sock concoctions. When I read the professor part, I was just totally for sure that the authors would do this but for once, I was wrong and man, am I glad that I was. I fell in love with the main character, Zara, pretty quickly. I loved her spunk and sass that she seemed to approach everything with. 

The plot was absolutely perfectly paced. I never felt a lag in the storyline or the yearn for more info. I did feel a bit pissed with the novel at the end but that was only because it was over and I just wanted more of the story. This was one that I was really sad with when it was over because being the greedy reader that I am, I just wanted more. The writing style of Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne created one of my favorite and memorable reading experiences that I've had in a long time. I don't know how these two write on their own but together, they are gold. I will pick up anything that has both of their  names on it in the future and I know that I'll get immersed in a story that I won't want to put down and will never forget about. Breaking Noah will be reread (and probably soon). I just wish that everyone was able to get their hands on it right now and not have to wait until May. But go ahead and get it pre-ordered, you won't regret it!



Available May 12th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment