Friday, January 30, 2015

Review: Sweet by Emmy Laybourne


*People would kill to be thin.*

Solu’s luxurious celebrity-filled “Cruise to Lose” is billed as “the biggest cruise since the Titanic,” and if the new diet sweetener works as promised—dropping five percent of a person’s body weight in just days—it really could be the answer to the world’s obesity problem. But Laurel is starting to regret accepting her friend Viv’s invitation. She’s already completely embarrassed herself in front of celebrity host, Tom Forelli (otherwise known as the hottest guy ever!) and she’s too seasick to even try the sweetener. And that’s before Viv and all the other passengers start acting really strange.

*But will they die for it, too?*

Tom Forelli knows that he should be grateful for this job and the opportunity to shed his childhood “Baby Tom-Tom” image. His publicists have even set up a ‘romance’ with a sexy reality star. But as things on the ship start to get a bit wild, he finds himself drawn to a different girl. And when his celebrity hosting gig turns into an expose on the shocking side effects of Solu, it’s Laurel that he’s determined to save.







Talk about being pleasantly surprised! Emmy Laybourne is a new author for me, she has a bunch of other books from another series that look pretty good ... I'm pretty interested to see what those are about. Anywhoo ... Sweet ... let's just say ... it was a rush.

I really didn't know what to expect from this one. I knew from the moment I read the summary that I would have to get my hands on this book. The cover was also very intriguing, I mean, it's just an upside down picture but I love it! Maybe the beauty is in the simplicity. The summary of this book really didn't do it justice. There are so many more elements going on in this story that aren't even HINTED at in the blurb and because of that, it was just one surprise after another. It really kept me on my toes.

The characters were extremely well written, I loved getting to know each of them. Now, there were quite a few important characters but they were super easy to remember and differentiate, I didn't have even one instance where I had to go back to the beginning and try and figure out where someone came into the picture. I enjoyed the main characters, Laurel and Tom ... I found their interactions were realistic and easy to love and look forward to in the story. 

I really can't say all that much more. It would give away too many surprises. I know I'm being a little cryptic but if you enjoy a fast paced, easy, suspenseful read then this is for you. There is also a light romance going on  - nothing too heavy or story-hogging. I'm actually excited to put this one down and read something else because I want to forget some of these plot twists so that I can pick it back up again and hopefully be surprised all over again. Very enjoyable read. You definitely need to give it a look-see!



This is out June 2015 ... pre-order or put it on your wish list!!


No comments:

Post a Comment