Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: No Hero by Mallory Kane


A darkly handsome New Orleans detective who insists he’s no hero is blindsided by his one-time lover, a sexy investigative TV reporter, who exposes his secret troubled past to the whole world...and nearly costs him his job. When the at-risk teens he mentors start turning up dead, his vow to protect the other kids hits a major snag...his only clue to finding the determined killer is held by the one woman he never wants to see again. Compelled to work together to solve the vicious murders before another child dies, their passion reluctantly reignites, and their mutual mistrust slowly turns to respect as she realizes there’s much more to being a hero than outward appearances, and his deeply wounded heart gradually opens to the possibility of love.







OOOH, I love this author! I really enjoy the romantic suspense genre and I adore this author. I've never ready anything by her, but I know that she'll be a staple from this point on. Okay, okay, okay ... where to start ... from the very beginning of the novel, you are just thrown into this story that is already in progress. Now, not every author who does this can pull it off. But Mallory Kane does. This isn't part of a series or anything, you're just plopped right into the middle of the action from the get-go. I think that it really worked with this one. If the author had started the novel where this whole story began, it would have been a gazillion pages and you would have been bored. With the way it was done, you're playing this mini game of catch up and it makes the story even more exciting!

The characters were amazingly lovable. I was afraid that the main character would be this predictable, simpering wimpy lady that would drive me nuts but she wasn't. She was this spunky character that you can't help but get attached to and root for. And the hero that isn't a hero was amazing as well. I couldn't get enough of him. I really enjoy a damaged character and this one was perfect.

All in all, a gripping novel that I really couldn't get enough of. I enjoyed every hair-raising moment. Normally, I would have given this novel a 5-star rating but I picked out the bad guy pretty quickly. Within the first couple of chapters. Even with knowing what would happen, I loved this book and I'll definitely pick up something else from this author. It really doesn't matter if you can predict what will happen when the writing is this stellar. Love, love, love!!






No comments:

Post a Comment